India’s OWN, ONLY and ONE of its kind international hackers’ convention on 5th, 6th and 7th December 2009 in Pune.
To register for the event, please visit
Installing Skype on Fedora is a pain in the neck. And making the sound work on skype is a bigger pain! After migrating from Ubuntu to Fedora, things have become really difficult! In this post, I explain (thanks to mdim, a user on fedoraforum.org) how to install Skype on Fedora 11.
The first few steps are a copy paste of what mdim wrote on the forum:
Login as root in the terminal
And provide your root password.
Download the libsigc++20-2.0.17-1.i386.rpm package:
Run the command:
rpm2cpio *.rpm | cpio -idmv
Create directory /opt/libs32/ if you don’t have it yet:
Copy libsigc-2.0.so.0 and libsigc-2.0.so.0.0.0 to /opt/libs32/ directory:
cp ./usr/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0 /opt/libs32/cp ./usr/lib/libsigc-2.0.so.0.0.0 /opt/libs32/
Install everything that has anything to do with Qt4:
yum install qt4*
Download the skype-184.108.40.206-fc5.i586.rpm rpm package from http://www.skype.com/intl/en/downloa…/linux/choose/and enter command in terminal:
rpm -i --force --nodeps skype-220.127.116.11-fc5.i586.rpm
Now give the path to those libraries:
Now you can run skype by typing:
In some cases, there is this error which is encountered on the last step (Step 9).
warning: skype-18.104.22.168-fc5.i586.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID d66b746e
And when Skype is executed, another error is encountered:
skype: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
For this, you would require the file libXss.so.1
Enter the following command in the terminal and then start skype.
yum install libXss.so.1
Thanx to mdim & http://xpl0it.wordpress.com/
South Africa's defeat in their Champions Trophy opener has propelled second-placed India to the top of the ICC's one-day rankings.
India, scheduled to play their opening match of the Champions Trophy on September 26 against Pakistan, have 126 ratings points.
South Africa slumped to the third spot after losing last night to Sri Lanka.
South Africa's loss also helped Australia, which gained a place to be second with 125 ratings points.
Sri Lanka occupy the fourth spot, while Pakistan are in the fifth position.
The ICC rankings are set for more changes in the next few days as the Champions Trophy continues.
1. Subject to weather conditions the Super Over will take place on the scheduled day of the match at a time to be determined by the IPL Match Referee. In normal circumstances it shall commence 5 minutes after the conclusion of the match.
2. The Super Over will take place on the pitch allocated for the match (the designated pitch) unless otherwise determined by the umpires in consultation with the ground authority and the IPL Match Referee.
3. Each team elects three batsmen and one bowler prior to the commencement of the Super Over.
4. The nominated players are given in writing to the IPL Match Referee using a standard form.
5. The umpires shall stand at the same end as that in which they finished the match.
6. The umpires shall choose which end to bowl and both teams will bowl from the same end.
7. Each team’s over is played with the same fielding restrictions as those that are in place for the last over of a normal match.
8. The team batting second in the match will bat first in the Super Over.
9. The same ball (or a ball of a similar age if the original ball is out of shape) as used at the end of the team’s innings shall be used for the Super Over.
10. The loss of two wickets in the Super Over ends the team’s Super Over innings.
11. The team scoring the most runs in the Super Over shall be declared the winner. In the event of the team’s having the same score after the Super Over has been completed, the team that hit the most number of sixes combined from its innings in the main match and in the Super Over shall be the winner.
12. If the number of sixes hit by both teams is equal, the team that hit the most number of boundaries (fours and sixes) from its innings in the main match and in the Super Over will be declared the winner.
In an exclusive chat with iplt20.com, the left-hander spoke about his life, cricket and IPL.
Your journey from Test success to T20s…
It has been good. I played well in T20s in
You are in good form. Does that put you under pressure in IPL?
I expect to play well. I am well experienced with the local conditions and will have to play a pivotal role, but I don’t want to pressure myself. I look at it as just another game of cricket.
How has the IPL experience been so far?
It has been an amazing experience for me. It has been just a few days and I am enjoying every bit of it. We are coming together as a team. The guys are looking forward to the next game.
Has Shaun Pollock and Jonty Rhodes’ presence helped Mumbai Indians?
We are fortunate to have Shaun Pollock and Jonty Rhodes in the coaching staff. They have played the game at the highest level and have a good understanding about what it takes to be a champion team. With their knowledge about the local conditions and pitches, the duo is playing an important role forming team strategies.
Sachin Tendulkar batted through the innings against Chennai. Is that a strategy?
The strategy is that Sachin Tendulkar will play the anchor role and the other guys will play around him. He is an experienced campaigner and reads the game very well.
Did you get a chance to speak to Tendulkar?
Yes, I did. But I am looking forward to talk to him about my game. He is such a legend. I would be lying if I say I am not awe of him. He is a great guy and very approachable.
You will play against your role model Herschelle Gibbs on Saturday. What are your thoughts?
Gibbs was one of my heroes when I was growing up. It will be interesting playing against him. He is a brilliant cricketer, I have idolised him all my life.
One bowler whom you are looking forward to play against?
Dale Steyn. He pushes me a little at the nets. It will be a good contest playing against him when we meet Royal Challengers Bangalore.
it’ll work 100%!!!
another trick is
go to this link download the .EXE file install it................